WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA
For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation, A Diabetes Life, located at Portarlington, Co. Offaly, Ireland is the data controller of the information that identifies you (“Personal Data”). We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
As a data controller, we will keep the Personal Data you provide about yourself confidential. By using the A Diabetes Life Platform, we collect information about you. This includes:
- your name
- your title
- your email address
- your phone number
- your location
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data to:
- create a membership account for you within the A Diabetes Life Platform;
- respond to your queries;
- dealing with your requests;
- for the purposes of statistical and other analytics and research; and
- email you.
For Marketing Purposes, We may use your Personal Data for the purposes of marketing but only in circumstances where appropriate and specific consent has been provided. Consent is provided by you accepting the use by A Diabetes Life of your Personal Data for marketing purposes on the A Diabetes Life Site. By agreeing to A Diabetes Life using your Personal Data for marketing purposes, A Diabetes Life may use your Personal Data and details to provide you with information about other, services and special offers either from:
- A Diabetes Life;
We use your information in connection with:
- analysing the use of the A Diabetes Life Site;
Information about payments. If you use the A Diabetes Life Platform for purchases, donations or financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your:
- payment information, such as your name,
- credit or debit card number, and
- other card information,
- account and authentication information, and
- billing information, as well as
- your transaction history.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties. We may share your Personal Data both inside and outside the European Economic Area in the following ways:
- with government agencies or authorities, if the information is needed to comply with the law, enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our employees or others;
- to address disputes, claims, or to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest; and/or
- in accordance with your express and informed consent.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our services. When you use third-party apps, websites, or other services that use and/or are integrated with the A Diabetes Life Platform, you agree that such third parties and their employees and contractors may receive information about you. Information collected by these third parties may be subject to the third parties’ own terms and policies.
If ownership or control of the A Diabetes Life Platform changes, you agree that we may transfer your information to the new owner.
You can easily edit or update your personal information in the A Diabetes Life Platform at www.adiabeteslife.com. You will need your password to access and change your information. If you contact us to edit or delete your personal data we will ask you questions in order to verify your identity. Under the applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to request that we:
- provide you with information as to whether we process your data and details relating to our processing, and with a copy of your data;
- rectify any inaccurate data we might have about your without undue delay;
- complete any incomplete information about you;
- under certain circumstances, erase your personal data without undue delay,
- under certain circumstances, be restricted from processing your data; and
- under certain circumstances, furnish you with the personal data which you provided us within a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Where we process your Personal Data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at any time. The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request. You may exercise your rights by contacting our Data Privacy Officer at the address or e-mail address provided in the “Customer Information” section below.
A Diabetes Life will keep your personal data for as long as you continue to interact with us (for example, if you read or click on an email we send you or us our website). If we do not have any interaction with you for 38 Months, then we will securely delete your personal data from our records.
We generally hold your data for as long as we are obliged to do so under applicable law.
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness. We review our security measures and procedures regularly to help protect against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of, data. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities. We have numerous internal procedures as well as computer interfaced protective barriers to keep your Personal Data as safe and secure as we possibly can.
A Diabetes Life currently uses AES128 BIT and 2048-bit RSA SHA-2 SSL certificates on the A Diabetes Life Platform.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access the A Diabetes Life Platform. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent offerings across your devices. We collect the following information:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number, and IP address.
We may use device information to:
- administer the A Diabetes Life Platform,
- analyse trends,
- gather information about visitor movements and behaviour, and
- improve the performance and effectiveness of the A Diabetes Life Platform.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any queries, please contact us by email at Info@adiabeteslife.com